Title: Purchasing and Logistics Manager
Reports to:General Manager
Manage all aspects of purchasing to efficiently and cost-effectively support organizational operations. Receive, store and issue supplies and equipment for the day to day hotel operations
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements.
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping.
- Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the correct point of storage area.
- Ensure that the store is kept clean and organized.
- Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in same field
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- High sense of responsibility and punctuality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, smart, positive and energetic
- Detail oriented, able to work and make decisions independently
- Must be organized and punctual
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume by e-mail: email@example.com
with the position title in the subject line no later than 5th of July, 2021.